Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mince-Meat Recipe

Sadiebaby - Thank you for this wonderful Blog. I'm stuck in California this week, pretending to be a rocket scientist. You know that I love Mince-meat. The only bad thing about it is that other people like it too, which means that you have to share :>(

Ingredients:
1 Apple
1 mess of raisins
Some Brandy
Some Rum
2 Pillsbury ready-made pie crusts
1 small cow

Recipe
Butcher the small cow, give or throw away all the good parts. Collect the left-over scrapings.
Combine the rum, brandy, apples and raisins and meat scrapins' in a jar. Leave for a month.
Spoon combined and aged ingredients into the pie-crust. Cover with another pie crust (ask Auntie Lien how to seal the top crust, cause I don't do a good job with this part).
Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown.
Hide pie behind brownies until pie night is over.
Hide in the top of the fridge. This dish is best served alone at 2:00 AM, when everyone else is asleep.

1 comment:

Patricio said...

Yep, that's just how I remember it. Poor cows cowering in fear around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I prefer my pie cold from the with coffee for breakfast .